Saturday 16 May 2009

Angels & Demons

Brief Review

Saw this at the weekend with my sister. It's good. I enjoyed the first one, and I liked this one. It's a tad darker in places, both in story, visuals and physical lighting.

Soundtrack is a bit over the top at times, otherwise it's well scored.

Still think I liked the first one better, the mystery was done with a little more thought, but overall it's very enjoyable. Critics are saying that Ron Howard has managed to make running between a museum and a church seem exciting. Which is kind of a stupid flaw to pick upon, since plenty of entertaining films involve a race between a researcher and 'the bad guy'.

Ewan McGregor is very good in this, easily outshining Tom Hanks. Female lead is fairly forgettable.

Score: B-
Entertaining, worth a watch and has a brilliant climax.

OQ:
I'm sure you will serve him wisely.
I will serve him briefly...

No comments:

Post a Comment